Sunday, November 7, 2010

Dish Cloth Apron

I was asked to teach a little workshop on how to make an apron for a church activity this month. I agreed. I have a few vintage apron patterns that I was wanting to try out anyways. Well, I sat down at the sewing machine and quickly realized that I'm not so good at sewing. Especially with a pattern. Anyways... I made the apron but it turned into a longer process than I had hoped. It ended up being cute (I'll post pics another time), but I'm just not a fast sew-er (side note: I typed that first without the hyphen and the sentence took on a whole new meaning), and it was just a plain bib style apron - not exciting at all. The next day I was chatting with a friend and she found a website with aprons made out of pillow cases and dish towels. Anyways... I went to Marshall's and found some cheap dishtowels and had at it. I didn't use a pattern or anything and I made the strings a bit too short (I either have to tie a bow in the back or a square knot in the front), but I love it. I might have to do my first tutorial on it next week. We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment