Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Not a Liar

I just wanted to let you know that I'm not a liar... I said I would post at least 3 times a week, and I will meet that obligation. It is only Wednesday, after all. I am working on a project that has taken me a little longer than I expected due to my lack of sewing skills, but I am finishing it tonight and will, of course, post about it tomorrow. I would have waited until I was done with said project to write a post so you could see tonight, but I need to wait till morning so I can take pictures of them on Zoey (little hint for you).

Other than that, life has been busy as usual. The only little tidbit that I can remember from the past few days is that I tried to make chili rellenos the other night for dinner. A friend gave me a bag of peppers from her CSA and I immediately knew I wanted to stuff them with cheese and fry them. I wanted it a little more hearty so I made rice and chicken to stuff inside with a ridiculous amount of cheese. I found a recipe and followed it, but they were weird and greasy. The insides and the peppers themselves were tasty, but the outsides were strange. I had never actually had one, so I had nothing to compare to. After I made them (and then confessed that I didn't know exactly what they are) my sister - who has had them before- described it like a pepper stuffed with cheese encapsulated in an omelet. I was thinking it should be deep fried like a chili popper... basically I failed. Next time I go to a Mexican restaurant, I am going to order the chili rellenos so I can examine it. Any tips or good recipes?

Come back later to peep my secret project!

1 comment:

  1. Derwin loves those- I think they are greasy too. That's how they are- we had them in New Mexico.

    ReplyDelete