Sunday, August 15, 2010

Cobbler

Story time...

My sister walks into the craft/computer room and says "watcha doin?". I give a one word response as I am concentrating too hard at the sewing machine to say a complete sentence; "Cobbling". I got a pattern for these really cute mary janes and was trying to make them. See, we went to the mall earlier that afternoon and I picked up a skirt for Zoey to go with a shirt I got for $2 at Target last week. While at the Children's Place, we found a hat that matched too. It was too cute to leave on the shelf and Zoey doesn't mind wearing hats, which is nice because we love putting things on her head and taking pictures (refer to previous post with the wig). I guess the $2 shirt turned into a $20 outfit. Ooops! Not a bargain afterall. Anyways, the shoes were going to complete the outfit that I wanted her to wear to church the next day, so I needed to get them finished before I went to bed. Four hours and several chocolate chip cookies later, I finally finished (in the wee hours of the morning, might I add). I looked down at my masterpieces - for there were 2 of them - only to notice that I had sewed one of the straps onto the wrong side. It now appears from looking at the shoes, that they are both intended for the right foot. Stupid! I guess that's what happens when you are sewing at midnight. I was willing to work with the mistake and tell people that it was intended to be that way. I had it all planned out. The next morning, I was so excited to see how they looked on the chubby little feet. It felt like that scene in Disney's Cinderella when the ugly step sister is trying to shove her huge foot in the tiny glass slipper. It just wasn't going to happen. So... here is the pic of the shoes. Cobbled by yours truly.



2 comments:

  1. Awww poor Weezie! She did look adorable in the hat though!! And she let me hold her!! I held her for like 15 minutes, she was sucking on my Dad's church keys, she loved them! Then Sandy wanted a turn and took her away *sob* and quieted the keys which made her cry!! Then Zak took her away! Ha! I didn't make her cry! She liked Aunt Wendy, she even let me give her kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alas! They are adorable though. You will have to save them for a smaller little girl!

    ReplyDelete