Sunday, August 1, 2010

Pea Pesto

I made a yummy dinner the other night and thought I would share the recipe. I was craving something with peas (I attribute that to the episode of Top Chef that I watched with the pea puree drama). Anyways... Here it is:

1 small bag frozen petite peas
1 lemon, zested and juiced
olive oil
salt
pepper
1/4 fresh Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
fresh pasta


Steam the peas until tender. Transfer to food processor and blend the crap out of it with a drizzle of olive oil. I didn't measure but it was probably about 3 tablespoons. Add salt, pepper, lemon zest and juice, basil and parmesan. Blend some more. Cook pasta according to directions on the package, saving some of the cooking water. After draining the pasta, put it back in the pot. Pour the pea mixture over the hot pasta and stir to combine. Add some of the pasta water to thin it out if it's to thick. I also put some meat from a rotisserie chicken on top for a little extra oooomph, but it would be good without it too. I think it would have been good with some toasted pine nuts as well, but I didn't have any.

Welp... that's it. Fast and delicious summer dinner.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy! I love peas. And I love pesto. Is there a setting on my blender for "blend the crap out of it"? I'll have to go check. :-)

    ReplyDelete